Announcement regarding membership dues
The Hershey Area Art Association Board of Directors, in an effort to stay current and offer the most benefit to our members, has had to address the first membership fee increase in 19 years! The Board made the decision to increase our membership dues, show commission fee and show hanging fees beginning in the new year. Even with this increase, our costs remain much lower than other art organizations in the area.
HAAA is a vibrant, growing organization. Examples of the commitment to our members and the community include:
- In 2018 we had fourteen venue opportunities to show, sell and display member art - There were eight outstanding art presentations at monthly member meetings
- Two years ago we increased our student scholarship to $1000
Some of the goals that will benefit from a membership increase include: - Location of classroom and meeting space
- Expansion of our social media footprint
- Increasing the number of venues for art shows and exhibits
- Sponsoring trips and tours of museums and art exhibits
To continue our mission, we need your support.
The HAAA mission is promoting, encouraging, and perpetuating the fine arts and fine arts education in the region.
The following increases are effective January 1, 2019
Individual membership dues will be $25, increasing to $30 in 2020. Family membership will increase to $40 in 2019, no change in 2020.
Commission on sales at HAAA sponsored shows will increase to 20%.
Hanging fees for HAAA sponsored shows will be $5 for 1 - 3 pieces and $10 for 4 - 6 pieces.
Hershey Area Art Association Board of Directors November 26, 2018