NEW BACKSTAGE CAFE ARTIST SHOWS
For Oct, Nov, Dec 2019
Rotates Each Month Starting Oct 1st thru Dec 31st 2019
Location: Allen Theater & BackStage Cafe, 36 E Main St, Annville, PA 17003
Fine Art Chair (2D): Mary Lott email: email@example.com
3D Art Chair: If 3D art can be hung on the wall, it may be acceptable – consult with Show Chair, Mary Lott
Backstage Cafe is a new exciting venue for Hershey Art Association to showcase our artists’ works. Located within the Allen Theater, the Backstage cafe is a place where folks buy their snacks and drinks prior to seeing a movie or stage events, but also the cafe has a great menu where folks can enjoy lunch or dinner. Thus, there will be a large audience who will be able to view our art. For more information about the Allen theater, check out their website:
For HAAA Members:
This is a new venue, where Hershey Area Art Association (HAAA) members can showcase and sell their art.
We will be choosing 2 to 3 individual HAAA artists per month to do art showcases for October, November and December 2019.
For all artists, if you are interested in participating, please complete and submit the event registration form on our website. (Click Event Registration tab below). Please indicate the month you would like to show your art work (Oct, Nov, or Dec). If we have many folks responding – will randomly chose artists.
Registration Deadline August 10th, 2019
All HAAA members in good standing and submitting the below required application are eligible.
• Each individual artist may submit up to 20 pieces of original art (hanging 3D artists are welcome but please talk with the show chair 1st) and artwork does not need to be for sale.
• For the joint photography exhibit, each artist can submit 4-6 pieces of original work depending on size.
• All exhibitors or designate must help to put up and tear down at the beginning and end of the month exhibit — will need to coordinate with previous month’s artist.
• All exhibitors will send a picture and biosketch to the show chair.
• Selling of any art will require purchaser contact the artist and transaction to be completed between the purchaser and the artists. (Backstage Cafe will not collect any monies for purchases).
• Artists selling their art, need to have a valid PA Sales Tax License (If no, and you intend to sell art, you will need a license. Please check General Information and Policies on the HAAA website for help to acquire a license.) *
• Members will remit 20% of any sales that are made at their show to HAAA to benefit the HAAA scholarship fund.
• HAAA Artists can apply to show their work at the Backstage Cafe by clicking here or on the link at the bottom of the page Please clarify in registration form number of pieces and type of medium, photo, oils, acrylic, wood, etc.
• HAAA and Allen Theater and Backstage Café are not responsible for any loss, stolen or damage to any artwork.
• HAAA requests the right to photograph work for press information or cataloging of the exhibit.
• HAAA Members exhibiting are to read and agree to the Hershey Area Art Associations, “General Information and Policy Statement” found on the HAAA website
• Additional information regarding logistics will be distributed to participants prior to the event.
Contact Show Chair: Mary Lott at: HAAA.Treasurer2018@gmail.com